- Serves 2
- Prep time: 35 minutes
- Cook time: 35 minutes
- 2 large New Brunswick Russet potatoes peeled and cut into strips the size of regular fries.
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese from shaker
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Soak the cut potatoes in ice water for at least 30 minutes. Don’t skip this step as it makes them crisp.
- Blot cut potatoes on a clean tea towel to remove moisture.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a plastic bag and combine with potatoes, tossing and kneading lightly to coat. Drizzle with one tablespoon of olive oil, tossing and kneading again to coat.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a greased baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes at 450 or until golden brown. No need to turn potatoes during cooking. Be sure to check them often to see how they are doing. Remove any potatoes into a paper towel lined bowl that get done early so they don’t get over done.
- You can also use parchment paper for easier cleanup.